DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

7.19 Testimony - Receiving fresh revelations from the Holy Spirit (Part 4)

After I had shared the gospel with my mother, she indicated to me that she was not ready to make a decision. A year soon passed and I asked God, “Where do we go from here? When will my mother be ready?”

God did confirm and reaffirm my message by sending Christians to witness to her on 3 occasions when she was taking public transport. These were not mere coincidences. God was knocking on the door of her heart and she knew it.

One day, my parents came from Kuala Lumpur to visit us in Singapore. The Holy Spirit prompted me to share with my mother but I hesitated. I felt terrible after that for keeping the light under the bushel. I felt so small compared to the giant before me.

Later that evening, I shared with Florence and she said these anointed words, “You must see yourself in the Lord as David who overcame goliath.” Her words spoke faith to my spirit and I was edified.

About 30 minutes later, the Lord gave Florence a word. She said to me, “The Lord says that your parents have received the Lord.” My spirit jumped in agreement and I said Amen! Her encouragement produced faith in my heart. During the week, I found an opportunity to talk to my mother but she indicated again that she was not ready.

A couple of days later, while I was fellowshipping with Sister Eunice, I shared with her that there was a prompting to arrange for an old friend, Pastor Lee to minister to my parents in Mandarin. It was the Holy Spirit who brought him to my mind, as I had not met him for several years.

However, I was not sure if the timing was ripe since my mother had already indicated again that she was not ready. The Holy Spirit spoke through Sister Eunice saying, “Go do whatever the Lord has placed in your heart.” That divine confirmation spoke to my spirit and encouraged me into taking action.

Within the same week, Pastor Lee met my parents and during the sharing session, he led both my parents to receive Jesus. It was God’s appointed time and hour for His miracle of salvation. The simple desire in my heart as a 9-year-old child came to fulfillment 25 years later. God knew my heart’s desire and answered my prayers.