DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

7.17 Testimony - Receiving fresh revelations from the Holy Spirit (Part 2)

I was excited when I received the revelation of God pertaining to family salvation. I saw from the Word that the promise of salvation was for the whole family. This means that there is a special promise and grace from God for family salvation.

When God gave Abraham the promise in Gen 12:3, that Jesus would come from his lineage, God said, “And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” The blessing here refers to the promise of salvation (Gal 3:8). God proclaimed salvation for the family unit.

Two angels delivered Lot and his household before the destruction of Sodom because of Abraham’s intercession (Gen 19:12-17). God delivered Noah and his household in the ark when the flood came (Gen 7:1). God asked Israel to sacrifice a lamb for a household. The blood of the lamb delivered the whole household from the angel of death (Ex 12:3, 27). Rahab was delivered from death along with her father’s household because of the scarlet thread (Josh 2:18).

In John 4:53, the nobleman and his household believed in Jesus after his son was healed by Jesus. In Acts 11:14, the angel told Cornelius to call for Peter so that he and his household could be saved. In Acts 16:15, Lydia and her household were saved under Paul’s ministry.

In Acts 16:31, Paul declared, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” In Acts 18:8, Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue with his entire household received the Lord under Paul’s ministry. In 1 Cor 1:16, Paul said that he baptized the household of Stephanas.

I started to intercede for my family according to the promise of God’s Word. I began to believe that God would make it happen, starting with my parents, even if it took a miracle. I prayed, “Lord, send Your anointed servants to bring the gospel message so that my parents can be saved.” I thought it would be the easiest way to have the prayer answered.

But God had other plans. He showed me that this was my giant that I had to face. I could not pass the responsibility to someone else. He saved me for a purpose. I had to let His light shine instead of keeping it under the bushel. God ended up stretching my faith not only to believe Him for my family salvation, but also to believe that I would be a channel of that salvation.

The intercessions opened a door of opportunity 12 years later, but it was in a manner that I least expected. I found myself embroiled in a family conflict that was about to blow out of proportion. We will continue this story in the next Daily Rhema.