DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

7.16 Testimony - Receiving fresh revelations from the Holy Spirit (Part 1)

It is important to receive revelations directly from the Holy Spirit when we read the Word. The revelations that I receive directly from the Lord are dearest to my heart. It makes my relationship with God so fresh and exciting.

I received the Lord Jesus at the age of 9. From then on, I desired in my heart for my parents and family to know Jesus. The only problem was that I did not have an assurance of faith in my heart, as it seemed so remote and impossible.

One day in 1992, while I was preparing a message for Bible study, the Holy Spirit gave me a revelation of God’s promise pertaining to family salvation. For the first time, I saw that it is God’s will to bring salvation to the whole family. This was the consistent pattern throughout the Bible.

I shared it with Florence and a dear friend, Sister Iris Yeong, during Bible study. This revelation produced faith in my heart to believe for a miracle. I started claiming the promises of God in prayer.

Some years later, I heard a guest speaker preach the very same revelation in a church I was visiting. Florence and I looked at each other and our spirits jumped with excitement. It came as a powerful confirmation to the revelation I had received earlier from the Holy Spirit.

I will share this revelation tomorrow. As you read about this revelation, may you also receive this as a revelation from the Holy Spirit in your heart. When that happens, faith will arise. You will begin to believe that a miracle can happen in your family too – and your loved ones who need salvation will be saved. You will begin to walk in the leading of the Holy Spirit to play a part in His salvation plan.