DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Monday, May 21, 2007

7.8 Testimony – Led by the Holy Spirit in the land down under

We continue our series “Christ in us, the hope of glory,” where we are teaching about the ministry of the Spirit of Christ within our hearts. Last Friday, we shared that when the Spirit of Christ lives in us, He starts to lead us from within.

Romans 7:6 (Amplified Bible) says that “we serve not under obedience to the old code of written regulations, but under obedience to the promptings of the Spirit in newness of life.” What a powerful way to live life as a Christian! It becomes a living relationship, not just rules and laws to follow. And when you follow the Spirit, you get to experience the newness of life, which rules and laws cannot produce.

Let me share a testimony which is hot from the oven of heaven. This morning, I shared God’s Word in church in Sydney as a guest speaker. Last week, as I was pondering about this meeting, I saw myself singing the song “Jesus, we enthrone You,” before the message. I shared this impression with my wife even as I was driving in the car. I believe it was from the Holy Spirit, significant enough for me to share it out instantly.

While I was preparing the message yesterday night, I sensed a constraint in my spirit over the message. I had prepared the message for a few days. The more I thought about it, the more I felt a lack of peace. It seemed like the Holy Spirit wanted me to share something else. Going ahead with my plans against the leading of the Spirit will not produce life. It would feel swimming against the current. The Holy Spirit knew better than me what message the people needed to hear.

As I talked to the Lord, the Holy Spirit pointed me to the message, “Meditation on the Word of God.” It was an 11th hour change literally 11pm. I obeyed the prompting of the Holy Spirit. When I started to prepare the new message, I could sense the life of God in my heart. There was a strong inner-witness within. I felt peace. I felt the fire of God. I knew beyond doubt that the Holy Spirit had that message for the church.

The next day, I went to church and settled down to worship God. As the worship progressed, we reached the final song. Would you like to guess what song we sang? It was the song, “Jesus we enthrone You.” My heart jumped with excitement as I remembered what the Lord had shown the week before. It seems like such a small matter, but to me it was the Holy Spirit reminding me that He is with me and He is leading me.

I was conscious of the Holy Spirit’s presence with me and in me. So when I shared the Word, I allowed the Holy Spirit to speak through me. After the service, a young man who had been healed from a hole in the heart (medically confirmed) came out to share his testimony. He said that he had meditated on the Word to receive his healing - just as I had preached! It was more than a conincidence. We were in the flow of the Spirit.

After the service, many people shared that God spoke to them through that message and they were greatly encouraged. I told them it was the Holy Spirit. Following the leading of the Holy Spirit produced life in the people who heard the Word.

Today, as you start to live by the leading of the Holy Spirit, you will experience the life of God. Your relationship with God will come alive. Your personal life would be an adventure in Christ.