DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

6.21 Testimony – All the promises of God in Christ are Yes and Amen

God’s Word is true. It is not just Bible theory. Everything about us in Christ is real. There is no better way to demonstrate the reality of God’s Word than through real-life testimonies.

As I was starting out in life, nothing seemed to go right. My health suffered due to a heart condition that immobilized me. My business failed and I suffered financially. I was under a lot of stress. When we got our first HDB flat, we decided not to install the window grilles because we didn’t have the money. My mother had to sponsor the window grilles because she was concern for the safety of our children in future. I was concerned about what my non-Christian mother would think about my God. I almost didn’t even have the finances to get married. It was a difficult time and we were even tempted to blame it all on God. Beloved, have any of you been there before?

We come to the end of our self-ability, and we start to trust Jesus who did everything on the cross for us. I have learnt that it is in the darkest valley that we find Jesus with us, that His rod and His staff comfort us (Ps 23:4). When we have Jesus, we have everything.

Growing up in the Word of Faith revival, Florence and I understood the promises in God’s Word. God’s Word is either true, or it is not true. We continued believing that God’s promises were true. Many times, while driving in our humble car, we would simply pray in tongues and open our mouths to proclaim all His promises over our life. Florence would proclaim a promise. I would proclaim another. We encouraged ourselves in the Lord. We called forth things that did not exist as though they did (Rom 4:17).

As the years progressed, we gradually experienced the redemptive power of God in our lives. My health was restored miraculously. Our jobs were restored. Our finances were gradually restored. We had a new home. We had a new car. We started to travel on holidays that we could only dream of before. Peace reigned in our home. Florence experienced supernatural childbirth. We had two beautiful children. Everything was blessed in Christ. Little did I know that the blessings of God were so evident in our lives that even my mother took notice of them. She could see significant turn of fortunes within that period of time.

One day, a conflict arose in my family. My sister-in-law was supposed to set off from our home for her wedding. My mother who believed in feng-shui objected vehemently and I wondered why? She had received advice from some medium who told her that all our blessings will depart from our home along with the newly-wed couple. Like every other mother, she was simply concerned for our blessings. As the family conflict was blowing out of proportion, the Lord said that it was time to share the gospel with her.

I drove her to the top of a hill one evening, and talked to her in the car. I told her that our lives had been blessed as she could see. But that blessing did not come from luck, or feng-shui, or anything external that could be taken away. That blessing came from Jesus who lives in my heart. Jesus is the source of all blessings (in Him all our promises are Yes and Amen). I went through every blessing and showed her how God had intervened and redeemed us. I told my mum that Jesus had enough blessings for everyone, and in fact - Jesus wanted to bless her too. She can receive all these blessings by receiving Jesus into her heart. I ended off by praying for her. Within just over a year, my parents received the Lord.

All that has happened is a testimony that all our promises in Christ are Yes and Amen. If you believe in His promises in spite of the circumstances around you, you are allowing God's redemptive power to work in your situation. Put the promises of God in your mouth and call forth things that are not as though they were.