DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

1.16 Testimony – Healing of a heart condition

I felt a pain in my heart. I had over-exerted myself during intensive weights training. The sharp pain persisted thereafter. It seemed like a permanent injury. A few years later, I overworked for a prolonged period of time and suffered a health breakdown. My heart palpitated and I was so weak that I was immobilized.

I went to the National Heart Center at the Singapore General Hospital for a series of tests. After they took my ECG, I was asked to return for a treadmill test a week later.

“What can I do? What if there is a serious injury? What if I cannot recover fully?” There were so many questions. The dark clouds of fear hung over me. Based on the symptoms I felt through the last few years, I was convinced that the damage could not be undone through medical help.

In the midst of my despair, I made a conscious decision to entrust the matter to God and to walk by faith. I had learnt the important principle of meditation in God’s Word and I was determined to go all the way in the fight of faith.

I isolated myself in a room for a week. I did not talk to anyone and read no newspapers. I only meditated on healing verses from the Bible, and read healing testimonies from Christian books and magazines. I spoke forth the promises of God in prayer. I believed that as I fed my faith and spirit man with the living Word of God, His Life would be manifested in my body. And it did!

On my second visit to the hospital for my treadmill test, I was still feeling extremely weak. I kept my focus on God. During the treadmill test, I started running not knowing how long I would last. “What if I collapsed while running?” I thought. I maintained my focus on Jesus and confessed my healing in Him.

Somehow, the strength of God came upon me and I ran for half an hour. In fact, I felt stronger as I continued on the treadmill. I knew it was God. The doctor could not believe it. He said, “What are you doing here? You look fitter than me!”

I left the hospital thanking God for His goodness and His deliverance once again. Within a short period of time, I experienced the full manifestation of God’s healing and I have not experienced the sharp pain ever since.

(Source: Walking on Water by Joshua Lye, Armour Publishing - Testimony 27)