DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Friday, November 21, 2008

13.14 Testimony: Led by the Spirit to witness to the office cleaner

[Florence shares] In my previous company, there was an elderly lady by the name of Aunty Fanny who cleans my office every afternoon. She saw the photos of my family and said that we looked like a blessed family.

I was prompted by the Spirit to share with her about God’s goodness and God’s blessings whenever there were appropriate moments. It was just a “touch and go” sharing. It could be just a simple statement of the goodness of God, or some comments about how God has blessed our children.

After some time, Aunty Fanny was attracted to the reality of God in our lives. She indicated her desire to know more. However, I left the company and we did not get to meet. Thereafter, we only communicated a few times over the last two years.

In September 2005, the Holy Spirit prompted me to invite Aunty Fanny for a Chinese evangelistic meeting. I bought the tickets by faith, not even knowing if she would be free to attend as she often works on weekends. But if God gave the prompting, I knew that the arrangements would fall into place. When I invited her subsequently, she gladly accepted.

During the meeting, she made a decision to receive the Lord. I was filled with great joy over this miracle of salvation! It was the work of the Holy Spirit who lives in me.