DailyRhema

Daily Rhema is a teaching ministry for Christians, centered on the finished work of Christ. It posts inspiring teachings and testimonies on weekdays. These short and systematic messages are suitable for personal devotion or Bible Study.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

11.10 How to pray the prayer of faith (part 4) – Standing in faith

What happens after we have prayed? Sometimes we receive immediate results. On other occasions, the manifestation of the results may take a little longer. Do we look at the circumstances with our natural eyes and begin to doubt? If we do so, we will nullify the power of prayer.

2 Cor 5:7 says that we are to walk by faith and not by sight. I know how hard it can be but we are to believe that the mountain has already been removed in the spiritual realm, and that the manifestation has to follow. We should see the prayer answered through our spiritual eyes. We have prayed and it is settled!

Mark 11:24 (Revised Standard Version) says that whenever we pray the prayer of faith, we must believe that we have received. It is in the past tense.

(Mark 11:24, Revised Standard Version)
THEREFORE I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT, and it WILL BE YOURS.

Hence, we should be giving thanks to God between the time of prayer and the manifestation of the results. We should also maintain our faith by meditating on God’s Word and by proclaiming victory over the circumstances.

Some are of the view that the prayer of faith can be prayed only once. But on one occasion, Jesus prayed for a blind man twice (Mark 8:22-25), and the healing was progressive. If the results do not manifest immediately, we should continue visualizing and proclaiming to the circumstances to release our faith. As we do so, we should also continue giving thanks for His finished work.

A few years ago, I woke up with soreness on my heels. I thought it was due to too much exercise. But the pain remained and grew worse. Soon I was unable to even stand up to worship on Sundays. So I prayed the prayer of faith for healing. I told myself that I had a lot more places to go to. But nothing happened. Week after week, I would proclaim my healing as I took the Holy Communion. I was still thanking God for my healing one year later.

One day, the doctor said that if things didn’t improve, he would have to inject steroids into my heels. I didn’t want to be injected with steroids. I continued giving thanks. A few days before my appointment, the pain disappeared. The healing only manifested over a year later.